Building resilient lives for Calgarians facing the challenges of poverty and trauma.
Since 1989, CUPS has helped Calgarians overcome adversity. Today we have evolved into an evidence-based organization, using the latest in brain development, to deliver trauma-informed care that builds resilience in individuals, families and the community. CUPS looks beyond short-term solutions to provide lasting, significant impact that spans generations. Together with our Partners we provide integrated care plans across Health Education and Housing to over 11,000 Calgarians each year to help them become self-sufficient.
As a member of our Human Resource team, you play an integral part in supporting our employees and CUPS overall in achieving our vision.
The HR Coordinator is responsible for coordinating efforts and providing administrative support for day-to-day human resource operations. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources this role will work collaboratively with the HR team to support the organization in our recruiting and retention efforts as well as contribute to HR projects and initiatives.
– Coordinate, administer and track internal and external job postings as well as maintain records and status updates in a recruiting tracker tool.
– Compile resumes and participate in the recruiting shortlist process.
– Schedule meetings, interviews and HR events as well as administer agenda and meeting minutes
– Maintain and digitally capture all employee data, demographics, records and compliance reporting both in system as well as digital and paper employee file storage
– Update, compile and maintain accurate records for annual performance plans as well as job descriptions across the organization.
– Prepare periodic reports on key metrics relevant to human resource performance.
– Contribute to projects to support the delivery of HR initiatives
– Coordinate and develop training schedules with both internal and external facilitators
– Capture and maintain employee training records as well as report on training expenses in comparison to budget.
– Manage and allocate accordingly third-party calls, such as employment verification, insurance claims, EAP referrals and inquiries from Service Canada
– Maintain and update organization charts.
– Manage HR inbox-communicating and responding to emails within designated timeframes.
– Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
– Minimum of 1-2 years previous experience in human resources, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– A university degree along with a CHRP designation or comparable would be a definite asset.
– Experience and knowledge of the non-profit sector would be an asset.
– Strong organization skills, critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
– A strong team player with a customer service approach to supporting the organization.
– Strong understanding of legislation pertaining to HR, Health and Safety
– Proven track record of achieving goals and completing tasks efficiently and on time.
– Ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
– Exceptional written and verbal communication skills,
– Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities effectively and efficiently.
CUPS offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Qualified candidates who are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.