RN (Connect 2 Care) – 1.0 FTE
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will provide a wide variety of nursing services to patients, families, and communities while taking necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being. In your role, you will assess, plan, implement, evaluate and document all nursing care of patients in accordance with policies and professional nursing standards, through critical thinking, problem solving and decision making, as well as teach, counsel and advocate on behalf of patients and their families. You will play a leadership role in supporting an integrated and holistic approach to patient care, health promotion and maintenance, while acting as a primary point of contact between patients and healthcare professionals. You will provide safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared mission, vision and values of CUPS.
Connect 2 Care (C2C) is an intensive case management team that provides transitional care to vulnerable, low-income patients transitioning between acute care and the community. This team will improve linkages and navigation for vulnerable Calgarians with complex health and social needs to health, mental health, and addictions, social, financial and housing resources in a community-based setting. This team will collaborate with and improve communication between acute care services and community organizations to provide cost-effective solutions to discharge care for a complex population.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
- 3-5 years experience working in an acute-care environment
- Well-developed clinical and physical assessment skills including experience with mental health assessments
- Current basic First Aid & CPR certification
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Ability to respectfully collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to handle, move and lift heavy or awkward equipment and/or individuals
- Ability to perform all work-related duties in accordance with regulated legislature
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients of various ages, socioeconomic status and ethnic backgrounds
- Proven critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to be self-directed and able to exercise independent nursing judgment
- Experience with WOLF EMR
- Experience with addictions and vulnerable populations
- Familiarity with Calgary acute care services and confidence with navigation of the ED
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care practices and harm reduction
- Knowledge of community resources that can assist individuals who are low-income or homeless; including but not limited to mental health, housing and health resources in Calgary.
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and hepatitis B viruses.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting patients.
CUPS offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates who are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.