Manager – Child Development Centre
CUPS is seeking an experienced manager with a background in early childhood education or special education to manage our early childhood development Centre. We are seeking an energetic, hard-working and highly motivated team player who comes with a strong background in operational, administrative and fiscal management. We anticipate that you are passionate about the work we do in the community and are particularly motivated to work in an early childhood development setting.
Reporting to CUPS Director of Human Services, this person will be responsible for the delivery of program outcomes, in close collaboration with education resource leads, as well as providing management and administrative direction to the Education Team, overseeing performance management processes and participating in hiring decisions. This position will involve working collaboratively with the Special Education Coordinator, the team of teachers, child care workers and all Centre staff. Included in the role will be the development of policies & procedures which enhance capacity for program delivery in an integrated service and trauma-informed environment. This position will also involve working closely with CUPS Family Development Manager to engage parents in other CUPS programming, including parent development.
As part of the Management Team, this position plays a key role in developing short and long-term program goals and ensuring that these goals are aligned with CUPS strategic direction and organizational values, and enhance our organizational capacity and culture.
- Oversight to ensure the Centre is compliant with Government of Alberta regulations and licensing requirements as identified by Alberta Education and Alberta Children’s Services, including appropriate reporting.
- Oversee and ensure compliance to CUPS health & safety programs
- Develop, implement and support processes that facilitate effective communication between teachers and parents.
- Oversee, in line with CUPS strategy, develop and deliver annual enrollment plans, and process to execute on enrollment
- Collaborate with other programs, initiatives and projects to support integrated care for CUPS participants, both children and parents.
- Fiscal responsibilities including input to the annual operating budget and fiscal management of program throughout the year.
- Childcare subsidy oversight.
- Childcare licensing oversight.
- Childcare accreditation oversight.
- Establish strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive management experience leading program teams, including strategy and policy development, employee relations, hiring, performance management.
- A Degree in Education, Early Childhood or comparable is a definite asset
- Experience and knowledge of the non-profit sector with preference for experience in early childhood development or education would be an asset.
- Strong organization skills, critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of legislation pertaining to early childhood.
- Proven track record of achieving goals and making sound decisions.
- Ability to build organizational and staff capacity with demonstrated leadership for managing and motivating people, ensuring accountability and supporting organizational strategies and objectives.
- Ability to inspire, coach and motivate staff, be decisive yet inclusive, and encourage growth, innovation and collaboration.
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, parents, donors, volunteers, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including excellent formal presentation skills and style.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities effectively and efficiently.
We offer a competitive salary range and benefits package.
While we thank all applicants for taking the time to submit for this role, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé by December 3, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org