Human Resource Advisor
Building resilient lives for Calgarians facing the challenges of poverty and trauma.
Since 1989, CUPS has helped Calgarians overcome adversity. Today we have evolved into an evidence-based organization, using the latest in brain development, to deliver trauma-informed care that builds resilience in individuals, families and the community. CUPS looks beyond short-term solutions to provide lasting, significant impact that spans generations. Together with our Partners we provide integrated care plans across Health Education and Housing to over 11,000 Calgarians each year to help them become self-sufficient.
As a member of our Human Resource team, you play an integral part in supporting our employees and CUPS overall in achieving our vision.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, this individual will provide HR advice, guidance and support to CUPS Staff as well as execute on HR initiatives and projects in support of CUPS strategic plan. The Human Resources Advisor will build and maintain strong relationships with managers across the organization and establish and maintain credibility with all employees by addressing, following up and responding to questions, concerns and problems in a timely and professional manner. This position will play a key role in recruitment, employee relations and performance management. The ideal candidate will have strong HR generalist experience, sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills, along with comprehensive knowledge and experience in Canadian Legislation for both HR and Health & Safety.
– Coordinate, administer and track internal and external job postings as well as maintain records and status updates in a recruiting tracker tool.
– Provide HR related advice and coaching to assigned employee groups and business leaders on matters related to HR policy or practices, legislation, workforce planning, performance management, goal setting, employee relations, and employee engagement.
– Manage the escalation of employee issues pertaining to human rights and Health and Safety concerns as well as complex situations to leadership.
– Responsible for facilitating the recruiting process across the organization including active participation in the interview, employment references and hiring process for assigned employee groups as well as practicum students.
– Conduct on-going analysis to identify trends and root cause to proactively identify solutions for repetitive issues/escalations.
– Identify opportunities and propose solutions for continuous improvement in HR initiatives, polices and HR effectiveness.
– Assist with an employee’s return to work from STD, LTD and leave of absence cases.
– Support cyclical HR processes for including performance management and compensation review administration
– Contribute to projects teams to support the delivery of HR projects to the business.
– Provide excellent customer service and support to internal and external stakeholders.
– Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
– University degree in Human Resources, Business administration or related area of study.
– Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant Human Resource experience.
–A strong team player with an excellent customer service approach to supporting the organization.
–Strong understanding of legislation pertaining to HR, Health and Safety.
–Proven track record of achieving goals and making sound decisions.
–Ability to inspire, coach and motivate staff, encourage growth, innovation and collaboration.
–Ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of staff,
–Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including experience delivering formal presentations as well as facilitating groups.
–Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities effectively and efficiently.
–Strong work ethic, a high respect for confidentiality and sound professional judgment and initiative.
–Strong computer and system skills as well as the ability to work with large datasets, knowledge of HRIS and all MS Office applications.
CUPS offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
While we thank all applicants for taking the time to submit for this role, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Qualified candidates who are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter by December 12 to: firstname.lastname@example.org