Volunteer – Medical Office Assistant – Medical Receptionist – various outreach clinics
Medical Office Assistant – Medical Receptionist
Reports To: Health Clinic – Nurse Practitioner
Location: Various Outreach Clinics
(CWES, Awo TAAN, DI
Calgary, AB T2R 0B7
CUPS (Calgary Urban Project Society) is a non-profit organization that was established in 1989 with the aim of helping people overcome the challenges of poverty and attain brighter futures.
Since then, our work has evolved and expanded to include services in Health, Education and Housing that are delivered to thousands of adults and families each year. Through integrated healthcare, education and housing, CUPS and its partners will assist adults and families in Calgary living with the adversity of poverty and traumatic events to become self-sufficient.
In collaboration with the nurse practitioners, the volunteer would assist with the non- medical functions in the clinics at 3 emergency shelters.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Patient scheduling and appointment confirmations
- Management of the flow of clients to the health clinic
- Answering phones, faxing and admin duties
- Maintaining client confidentiality
- Organizing clinic, light cleaning, checking for expired medications
- Previous nursing or medical office experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Compassionate care for women and children
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees/volunteers assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, tasks and skills required of employees/volunteers so classified.