Registered Dental Assistant – Volunteer
Volunteer Position Title: Registered Dental Assistant
Reports To: Dental Clinic Manager
Location: CUPS Main Office 1001 – 10 Ave SW
CUPS (Calgary Urban Project Society) is a non-profit organization that was established in 1989 with the aim of helping people overcome the challenges of poverty and attain brighter futures. Since then, our work has evolved and expanded to include services in Health, Education and Housing that are delivered to thousands of adults and families each year. Through integrated healthcare, education and housing, CUPS and its partners will assist adults and families in Calgary living with the adversity of poverty and traumatic events to become self-sufficient.
Position Summary: The overall goal of the position is to enhance the quality of the client experience in the dental clinic, through clinical skills and a non-judgmental approach to patients.
Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Works with medical reception staff to ensure proper flow of dental patients
- Welcoming and seating patients
- Review medical history and dental concerns with patient
- Proficient at dental x-rays
- Assist dentists with extractions and post-operative instructions
- Basic charting
- Exiting patients
- Complete operatory infection control, following all guidelines put forth by the ADA
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with vulnerable populations
- Ability to be adaptable
- Fridays (1pm-4pm)
- Rotating schedule based on RDA availability
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees/volunteers assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, tasks and skills required of employees/volunteers so classified.