Obstetrician – 0.2 FTE
CUPS (Calgary Urban Project Society) is a non-profit organization that was established in 1989 with the aim of helping people overcome the challenges of poverty and attain brighter futures. CUPS believes that the science of building brains and resiliency is essential to the work of helping adults and families achieve self-sufficiency and needs to be applied in all of their practice. Advocating at a systems level to reduce barriers to services among CUPS target population is also critical to how CUPS works that assists adults and families in Calgary living with the adversity of poverty and traumatic events to become self-sufficient.
CUPS is seeking an Obstetrician at a 0.2 FTE.
This individual is a seasoned OBGYN with a strong knowledge base surrounding patients that have complex social and medical backgrounds, including patients on Methadone for opioid dependence, (Methadone license is a definite asset). The methadone initiation of patients is done on the antepartum or gyne units and then stabilized prior to discharge.
As a member of our Women’s Health Team, you will play a key role in the care of our Women’s Heath patients in collaboration with our other Clinicians. The coordination between the WHC team members is essential including collaboration with addiction counsellor, mental health, social work, Obstetric Internal Medicine, NICU, etc. as many of our patient’s do have medical issues secondary to IV drug use and other lifestyle factors.
The essential functions and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) gaining a strong working knowledge of CUPS, including a clear understanding of its five year strategic plan as well its history and evolution as a leader in the social sector. Diagnoses and treatments of patient’s illnesses and conditions within medical specialty; orders appropriate screening diagnostic investigations; interprets reports of investigations and analyzes information to monitor progress and plan treatment. As part of the multidisciplinary team, develops and implements treatment plans. This individual may also participate in formal and informal health teaching including the preventative health concepts concerning hepatitis A, B, C, AIDS, and FASD, safer sexual practices, nutrition, sanitation, hygiene, prenatal care and well child care when appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- The successful candidate will have an MD, hold medical license in Alberta and hold Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Experience in community health & public health sciences preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources connected to the provision of health promotion and illness prevention related services.
- A team player capable of interacting professionally with staff with a positive “just do it” attitude
- Excellent written, communication and organizational and time management skills with the ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision but within the guidelines of the position
- Ability to work efficiently, both independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Computer competency & experience with EMR necessary.
We offer a competitive salary range and benefits package.
1001 10 Ave SW
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.