Nurturing Parenting Program® Workshops
Volunteer Position Title:
Dinner Group Volunteer Opportunity: Community Drop In Evening – ADDED DATES!
Weekly – Thursday Night 4:00-8:00pm – dinner served at 5:30
We are looking for teams of six (6) to eight (8) people to assist with evening meal preparation for families as well as some childcare opportunities who are attending CUPS Nurturing Parenting Evening classes.
- 4:00pm team arrives to prepare a meal to be served at 5:30pm.
- 5:30pm team serves dinner and dine with the families if they so desire.
- After dinner, the team clean-ups and is generally finished by 7:00pm.
- Child care – some team members, if interested, can join our Child Development area to assist with childcare. Ages range from 6 months to 14 years.
- Pre-requisite: two team members are asked to attend an orientation session prior to their team’s scheduled volunteer shift. The orientation covers the evening schedule, set up, food prep, a brief facility tour and an opportunity to familiarise yourselves with the kitchen area. The orientation can be booked at your convenience with the CUPS Volunteer Coordinator.
PLEASE NOTE – for safety reasons, all volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes and pants or long skirts. Long hair must be worn up or pulled back.
Required Time Commitment:
3 -4 hours plus orientation session for 2 of the 6 team members.
Currently, CUPS provides all of the ingredients necessary for the meals; however, the opportunity is available to any group that would like to bring their own ideas and ingredients for the meal. The only requirement is that all food be prepared in our kitchen (an exception would be purchasing a dessert item from a licensed bakery or shop). In the event that you are interested in taking advantage of this opportunity, we would ask that your menu be submitted two weeks in advance so we can ensure some variety from one meal to the next.
For more information, please contact Dean Schroeder, CUPS Senior Director Developmental Strategy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (403)221-8786 and indicate which date you would like and when you would like to set up an orientation session.
Dinner Group Volunteer Opportunity dates:
|SPRING SESSIONS 2017:
March 30, 2017
April 6, 2017
April 13, 2017
April 20, 2017
April 27, 2017
May 4, 2017
May 11, 2017
May 18, 2017
May 25, 2017
June 1, 2017
June 8, 2017
June 15, 2017
June 22, 2017 June 29, 2017