Nurturing Program® Workshops – Father Evening Group
Volunteer Position Title:
Dinner Group Volunteer Opportunity: Nurturing Father Group Drop In Evening.
Weekly – Monday Night 4:00-8:00pm – dinner served at 5:30
We are looking for teams of six (6) to eight (8) people to assist with evening meal preparation for “DADS” who are attending CUPS Nurturing Father Group Evening classes.
- 4:00pm team arrives to prepare a meal to be served at 5:30pm.
- 5:30pm team serves dinner and dine with our “Dads” and families if they so desire.
- After dinner, the team clean-ups and is generally finished by 7:00pm.
- Child care – some team members, if interested, can join our Child Development area as there may be some childcare needs, to assist with childcare. Ages range from 6 months to 14 years.
- Pre-requisite: at least one team member will take the lead and ensure they have a brief orientation session prior to the start of the evening’s volunteer activities. The orientation covers the evening schedule, set up, food prep, a brief facility tour and an opportunity to familiarise yourselves with the kitchen area. The orientation can be booked as well, at your convenience, prior to the scheduled volunteer shift with the CUPS Volunteer Coordinator.
PLEASE NOTE – for safety reasons, all volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes and pants or long skirts. Long hair must be worn up or pulled back.
Required Time Commitment:
3 -4 hours plus orientation session.
Currently, CUPS provides all of the ingredients necessary for the meals; however, the opportunity is available to any group that would like to bring their own ideas and ingredients for the meal. The only requirement is that all food be prepared in our kitchen (an exception would be purchasing a dessert item from a licensed bakery or shop). In the event that you are interested in taking advantage of this opportunity, we would ask that your menu be submitted two weeks in advance so we can ensure some variety from one meal to the next.
For more information, please contact Dean Schroeder, CUPS Senior Director Developmental Strategy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (403)221-8786 and indicate which date you would like and when you would like to set up an orientation session.
Dinner Group Volunteer Opportunity dates:
|April 9, 2018
| April 16, 2018
| April 23, 2018
| April 30, 2018
| May 7, 2018
| May 14, 2018
| May 28, 2018
|June 4, 2108
| June 11, 2018
|June 18, 2018
June 25, 2018
July 9, 2018
July 16, 2018
July 23, 2018