Information and Data Management Specialist
CUPS (Calgary Urban Project Society) is a non-profit organization that was established in 1989 with the aim of helping people overcome the challenges of poverty and attain brighter futures. Since then, our work has evolved and expanded to include services in Health, Education and Housing that are delivered to thousands of adults and families each year. CUPS believes that the science of building brains and resiliency is essential to the work of helping adults and families achieve self-sufficiency and needs to be applied in all of their practice. Advocating at a systems level to reduce barriers to services among CUPS target population is also critical to how CUPS works that assists adults and families in Calgary living with the adversity of poverty and traumatic events to become self-sufficient.
CUPS has an immediate 1.0 FTE opportunity for an Information and Data Management Specialist.
(1.0 FTE position 37.5 HRS/WEEK – 5 days/week Mon-Fri)
Reporting to the Senior Director – Strategic Initiatives, this individual will actively engage community resources to build a seamless transition for our clients accessing CUPS services and coordinate the integration of information and data management into effective agency reporting.
This individual will develop an evaluation framework aligned with the CUPS Resiliency Matrix which includes assessment, outtake and reporting tools and approaches for both program-centred and person-centred evaluation (for adults and families). This role will also identify opportunities and insights through the use of statistical, mining and visualization techniques and assisting with quality of data from intake to outtake by designing data collection procedures to ensure information is measurable and outcome-oriented.
This individual must have the following:
- University degree in Business Administration or Humanities with 1-3 years of relevant quantitative and qualitative statistical and analytical experience.
- Demonstrates scientific qualities to data analysis: clarity, accuracy, relevance, logic, significance, and fairness.
- 2-3 years’ experience manipulating and synthesizing large datasets and using databases.
- 2-3 years’ experience with HMTL, CSS and knowledge of WebIntelligence, Crystal or SQL/SAP applications
- Must be competent with all Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative applications.
- Strong problem solving skills to anticipate and identify issues, seek root causes and develop practical and timely solutions
The ability to assume initiative, have superior problem solving skills along with the knowledge of social service organizations and ability to access delivery systems is necessary. The position will operate in a trauma informed environment.
We offer a competitive salary range and benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé by October 31st to:
1001 10 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0B7
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.