As a not-for-profit working with vulnerable populations, our ultimate desire is to end the cycle of poverty and trauma for future generations of Calgarians. By combining healthcare, education and housing services, CUPS’ helps adults and families living in poverty and suffering from trauma to move from being in-crisis towards becoming more self-sufficient. Working together with partner organizations, we use proven principles from the science of building brains and resiliency to help people weave together a wide range of skills to build economic, social and health resiliency.
CUPS was recently recognized as one of Canada’s Top Ten Most Impactful charities and received the United Way Spirit of Gold Social Innovation award.
We have an immediate full-time position for an experienced Grants/Proposal Manager to support the Fund Development team. This is a 1.0 FTE position.
Through your writing, you will inspire donors to maximize their investments, and help establish and foster donor, sponsor, and internal relationships. Your work helps to raise funds through the proposals and materials you create and will be used to provide essential support across all areas of need for CUPS. This position coordinates initiatives of the fundraising program under the supervision of the Director, Development, based on CUPS Strategic Plan and program enhancement. This role is responsible for the execution of fundraising throughout the calendar year by increasing fundraising revenue by generating donations and sponsorship agreements from new and existing donors. To this end, the Manager will identify, qualify, and secure new and recurring donation and sponsorship agreements supporting the organization’s programs and events. The Grants/Proposals Manager will also write proposals to raise awareness of the organization’s fundraising and events and initiate new donations and sponsorship agreements to increase revenue and meet fundraising goals.
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Fund Development, Business Development and Administration with proven administrative skills including a high degree of accuracy and keyboarding/data entry skills along with:
- Demonstrated ability to acquire donation and sponsorship agreements with executive level prospects.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with organizational departments, key fundraising partners, other stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate key information to all audiences.
- Skilled at developing proposals, and delivering solutions.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Experience and knowledge of organizing and participating in Fund Raising Events
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills, with a high degree of tact and persuasiveness.
- Superior excel capabilities, confidence in writing ability, strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite and a prior knowledge of generating reports from databases. Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge would be a must.
CUPS’ offers a competitive salary range and benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé to:
CUPS 1001 10 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0B7
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.