Executive Administration Assistant
Position Title: Executive Administrator
Building resilient lives for Calgarians facing the challenges of poverty and trauma.
Since 1989, CUPS has helped Calgarians overcome adversity. Today we have evolved into an evidence-based organization, using the latest in brain development, to deliver trauma-informed care that builds resilience in individuals, families and the community. CUPS looks beyond short-term solutions to provide lasting, significant impact that spans generations. Together with our Partners we provide integrated care plans across Health Education and Housing to over 11,000 Calgarians each year to help them become self-sufficient. CUPS has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top Ten Most Impactful charities and was also awarded the United Way Spirit of Gold Innovation award.
CUPS is seeking a dynamic Executive Assistant with exceptional organizational skills who is passionate about the work we do in the community.
This role will provide day to day support to CUPS Executive Director as well as three (3) other Senior Director roles as well as provide support to CUPS Board of Directors for meeting preparation and documentation. This position will also work closely with Operations Administrative support to streamline processes.
- Gain a strong understanding of CUPS as an organization, it’s strategic plan and initiatives as well as familiarity with key stakeholders and partners that interact closely with the Senior leadership team.
- Take a proactive approach to calendar management for the Executive Director and Senior Director positions ensuring time and materials are available in preparation for meetings.
- Manage communication for the Executive Director, including email and telephone management, in a professional and confidential manner, prioritizing and dealing with items where possible, including preparation and delivery of responses as directed.
- High level project management of the strategic plan including collaborating closely on projects sponsored by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the organization as well with external partners and key stakeholders in the community.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate meetings, conferences calls and corporate functions.
- Make travel arrangements including developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation and arranging lodging and meeting facilities
- Prepare and finalize a wide variety of letters, correspondence and communication on behalf of the Executive Director and the Board
- Assist in the preparation of briefing materials, presentations and documents for the Leadership Team, Executive Director and the Board
- Timely and accurate expense report preparation and reimbursement tracking
- Scheduling and attend Board and Board Committee meetings where directed as well as prepare and distribute materials as well as record and issue meeting minutes.
- Overseeing and administer the process, materials and supporting communications with respect to the AGM including annual Board elections.
- Minimum of 3 years in an executive assistant role supporting senior level positions
- Post-secondary education in administration or related field
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to calmly manage work pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables simultaneously
- Adaptable and quick to respond to emerging issues or needs, and can accommodate last minute requests and situations calmly and effectively
- Capable of proactively anticipating needs and react quickly to accommodate plans through understanding the organization and it’s key stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with boards and committees including familiarity with non-profit governance and structures.
- A professional attitude and demeanor, including a strong sense of customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly self-motivated and results focused with a strong sense of accountability
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
CUPS offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Qualified candidates who are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.