Director – Development and Donor Relations
CUPS is a non-profit organization that was established in 1989 with the aim of helping people overcome the challenges of poverty and attain brighter futures. Through integrated healthcare, education and housing, CUPS and its partners assist adults and families in Calgary living with the adversity of poverty and traumatic events to become self-sufficient. CUPS believes that self-sufficiency is across multiple dimensions of resilience including economic, social emotional, health and developmental. CUPS believes that the science of building brains and resiliency is essential to the work of helping adults and families achieve self-sufficiency and needs to be applied in all of their practice.
We have an immediate full-time employment opportunity for a Director – Development and Donor Relations leading our Fund Development team.
As the Director of Development and Donor Relations, you have a rich development background and successful record of managing donor relations and major fundraising programs as well as motivating teams to achieve desired revenue targets and project deliverables. At CUPS you will play a lead role in the development and successful execution of CUPS overall Fund Development strategy, including developing and leading a major gifts program to increase overall revenue. Your effective leadership style contributes to fostering a cohesive working environment to optimize the team’s talents to maximize revenue generating opportunities throughout the year.
This position leads and coordinates initiatives of the fundraising program together with the Finance and Fund Development Team, reporting directly to CUPS Senior Director – Financial Strategies, based on CUPS Strategic Plan and program enhancement or development. As the ideal candidate, you care deeply about the work CUPS does and leverage that passion to bring a focused approach to donor engagement while creating and maintaining strong donor relationships. You are both a door opener and have the ability to affectedly manage successful solicitations. As a goal oriented self-starter, your exceptional communication and presentation skills will heighten CUPS awareness in the greater community.
- Development and advancement of fund development strategies.
- Increase CUPS donor base and retention to achieve revenue targets in support of organizational growth.
- Actively network and liaise within Social and Business circles to increase exposure opportunities to develop relationships and increase CUPS awareness.
- Develop an effective program for donor recognition, involvement and stewardship.
- Collaborate with Communications and others in Fund Development to articulate the case for support aligned with donor passion that results in realizing gift opportunities.
- Establish targets and goals and track and report on performance.
The successful candidate must have:
- A Degree in fund development, communications/public relations, or business (or equivalent) with 5+ years of progressive fund development experience at a leadership level with a proven and demonstrated track record of managing people and projects with a high degree of effectiveness.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with organizational departments, key fundraising partners, other stakeholders effectively communicating to all involved.
- A strong knowledge of developing proposals, fundraising principles, methods, practices, and techniques is a must.
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills, with a high degree of tact and persuasiveness.
- Sound judgement and critical thinking skills.
- A member of the Canadian Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and/or Canadian Association of Gift Planners (CAGP) an asset.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge Software an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume along with cover letter and salary expectations by November 18th to:
1001 10 Ave SW
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.