By Marty Matthews
Get up and working on Microsoft home windows Server 2008 with ease
This hands-on advisor covers the entire necessities of deploying and administering the newest liberate of Microsoft's robust, flexible community working approach. utilizing transparent screenshots and step by step directions, Microsoft home windows Server 2008: A Beginner's Guide exhibits you the way to establish the server, migrate from prior types, and deal with networking, management, garage, and protection. you are going to additionally get information at the new internet instruments and administration utilities to be had in home windows Server 2008.
Install, configure, and set up Windows Server 2008
- Set up and deal with a network
- Work with Active listing and Domains
- Set up communications good points and an online connection
- Install, customise, and keep Internet details providers (IIS) 7
- Configure a VPN server and customer
- Set up Terminal prone and distant Desktop
- Manage garage and dossier systems
- Secure your home windows Server environment
- Set up and deal with printing and faxing
- Use the integrated administration instruments, together with Server supervisor and team policies
Read or Download Microsoft Windows Server 2008 A Beginner's Guide PDF
Similar client-server systems books
As an previous asserting is going, "it's no longer what you recognize, it is who you recognize. you recognize what ASP. internet is and also you understand how to boost web pages utilizing it. yet what you do not know is who to visit for suggestions, suggestions and tips to utilizing ASP. web. because of this Sams has assembled a crew of authors who're ASP. internet specialists to convey you ASP.
You've gotten deployed Samba: Now get the main out of it with ultra-modern definitive consultant to maximizing Samba functionality, balance, reliability, and tool on your creation atmosphere. Direct from contributors of the Samba workforce, The professional Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference advisor, moment version, deals the main systematic and authoritative insurance of Samba's complex positive factors and services.
Top practices and cutting edge daily concepts for operating the recent model of alternate Server for home windows 2000. This authoritative publication teaches IT pros answerable for trade messaging platforms the best way to successfully deal with the program's many and complicated approach functions and contours. as soon as you've got designed and applied a messaging approach, the majority of the daily paintings includes tracking to make sure an optimal site visitors circulate, finished by way of regularly reviewing and fine-tuning dozens of method standards and elements.
- Managing Systems Migrations and Upgrades. Demystifying the Technology Puzzle
- ElasticSearch Cookbook, Second Edition
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Resource Kit
- Cloud Computing: Web-Based Dynamic IT Services
Extra info for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 A Beginner's Guide
In addition, you need to make certain adjustments to the system to make sure that the installation runs smoothly. All of these tasks are included in the following steps to prepare for an OS installation: ▼ Back up all hard disks ■ Inventory current software ■ Clean up current files ■ Upgrade hardware ▲ Disable conflicting hardware and software 39 40 Microsoft Windows Server 2008: A Beginner’s Guide Back Up All Hard Disks In a server environment, backing up is probably better disciplined than it is for a client workstation, unless the server also takes charge of backing up the workstation.
6. Develop a budget for the software, hardware, and labor specified in the preceding steps. 7. Identify realistically the possible disruptions to the company’s business and the cost of such disruptions. 8. Identify the benefits of changing over to Windows Server 2008 and how those benefits translate into reduced costs and improved revenues. Most organizations of any size require a plan such as this, and upper management will look long and hard at the results of Steps 6–8. It is, of course, not a simple numerical comparison.
It will also list the Microsoft Word and Excel reports that have been generated. 10. When you are ready, click Close. Click Open The Reports Folder. Double-click each of the reports to open them in their applications. These reports provide a wealth of information, as you can see in Figure 2-1. 11. After you have completed reading and/or printing the reports, close the applications and then click Finish to close the Hardware Assessment Wizard. Chapter 2: Preparing for Installation Figure 2-1. The Hardware Assessment Wizard provides both written and tabular information about the ability of your network computers to handle Windows Server 2008.