By Eriq Oliver Neale
When you are new to the realm of Microsoft Small enterprise Server 2003, Microsoft Small company Server 2003 Unleashed promises you with real-world aid adventure as you start or discover your upgraded server. Written and reviewed through Small company Server MVPs, this publication presents precious assurance of Mac platform integration, in addition to the mixing of ISA 2004, SharePoint, FrontPage, trade, and SQL Server. you'll strengthen a few new talents, together with: * making plans SBS installations. * Troubleshooting SBS install difficulties. * including extra servers to the SBS community. * Troubleshooting universal trade difficulties. * operating with ISA 2004 within the SBS atmosphere. * Troubleshooting universal IIS difficulties in SBS. * operating with SharePoint group companies and the Companyweb interface. * Configuring SBS and Macintosh consumers for integrating the 2 structures. Make complicated networking available with Microsoft Small company Server 2003 Unleashed.
Read Online or Download Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 Unleashed PDF
Similar client-server systems books
As an outdated announcing is going, "it's now not what you recognize, it truly is who you recognize. you recognize what ASP. web is and also you understand how to strengthen web pages utilizing it. yet what you do not know is who to visit for options, suggestions and tips to utilizing ASP. web. this is why Sams has assembled a group of authors who're ASP. web specialists to carry you ASP.
You've got deployed Samba: Now get the main out of it with cutting-edge definitive consultant to maximizing Samba functionality, balance, reliability, and tool on your creation setting. Direct from contributors of the Samba workforce, The reputable Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference advisor, moment variation, bargains the main systematic and authoritative insurance of Samba's complicated gains and functions.
Top practices and leading edge daily recommendations for operating the recent model of alternate Server for home windows 2000. This authoritative ebook teaches IT execs liable for trade messaging platforms the right way to successfully deal with the program's many and complicated method services and contours. as soon as you will have designed and carried out a messaging approach, the majority of the daily paintings includes tracking to make sure an optimal site visitors circulate, finished via constantly reviewing and fine-tuning dozens of approach requirements and parts.
- Objective Coordination in Multi-Agent System Engineering: Design and Implementation
- Network Virtualization and Cloud Computing: Microsoft System Center
- Cloud Native Go Building Web Applications and Microservices for the Cloud with Go and React
- Programming for Unified Communications with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2
Extra info for Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 Unleashed
Law Firms A law firm needs to keep careful records, has a huge number of documents, and is sensitive to security. Emphasizing the core security strength built into SBS can be a good angle for discussion. You can talk generically, but it might be even more impressive to the lawyer to explain exactly how the security tunnels of OWA work. You might also want to discuss ISA 2004, which can completely eliminate the need for a hardware firewall solution. There are significant differences between offering ISA 2000 with SBS 2003 and ISA 2004 with SBS 2003.
2. 3. 2. Network diagram featuring a single-NIC configuration where the server and all workstations connect to a switch, which is behind a hardware firewall. 3. Network diagram featuring a dual-NIC configuration with a network-aware device behind the hardware firewall but in front of the SBS server. [View full size image] Part II: SBS 2003 Installation 47 48 Part II: SBS 2003 Installation Although it is possible to configure more than two NICs in an SBS server, this is not recommended. The network configuration wizards in SBS 2003 assume that there will be one or two NICs and will not function as expected if there are more than two present and active in the server.
1 illustrates how SBS meets needs. 1. Small Business Needs Met by SBS Small Business Need Access to data anywhere, anytime 34 SBS Feature SBS includes Remote Web Workplace (RWW) and Outlook Web Access (OWA) both of which meet this need. Part I: Overview of Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 Part I: Overview of Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 35 Easy systems for communicating with customers and prospects SBS contains Exchange and Outlook email, SharePoint intranet, and Electronic Fax Services.