By Craig Zacker
Ace your guidance for the abilities measured through MCP examination 70-293 and at the activity with this professional Microsoft examine advisor, now up to date for provider Pack 1. paintings at your individual speed via a procedure of classes, hands-on workouts, troubleshooting labs, and evaluate questions.
The Readiness evaluate Suite on CD, that includes complex know-how from MeasureUp, offers 425 not easy questions for in-depth self-assessment and perform. you could select timed or untimed checking out mode, generate random exams, or specialise in particular targets. You get specialist examination assistance and special reasons for correct and unsuitable answers—including a personalised studying course that describes how and the place to concentration your studies.
Maximize your functionality at the examination through studying how to:
- Plan TCP/IP community infrastructure, topology, and web connectivity
- Configure server roles and baseline defense settings
- UPDATED—Plan routing and distant entry ideas, together with new details on community entry Quarantine Control
- UPDATED—Design and administer a safety infrastructure
- NEW—Identify and install serious updates with replace administration instruments
- Deploy IPSec, harden servers, and deal with certificates
- Maintain server availability with clusters and community load balancing
Your equipment includes:
- 15% examination from Microsoft. (Limited time offer). information contained in the e-book.
- Official self-paced research consultant with specialist examination tips.
- Readiness overview Suite that includes 425 questions and a number of trying out options.
- Case eventualities and troubleshooting labs for real-world expertise.
- NEW—180-day evaluate model of Microsoft home windows Server 2003 R2 company Edition.
- NEW—Demos and bonus fabric at the CD.
- Fully searchable eBook.
A word concerning the CD or DVD
The print model of this e-book ships with a CD or DVD. For these buyers deciding to buy one of many electronic codecs within which this publication is obtainable, we're happy to provide the CD/DVD content material as a loose obtain through O'Reilly Media's electronic Distribution providers. To obtain this content material, please stopover at O'Reilly's site, look for the name of this ebook to discover its catalog web page, and click the hyperlink less than the canopy photo (Examples, spouse content material, or perform Files). word that whereas we offer as a lot of the media content material as we're capable through unfastened obtain, we're occasionally restricted by way of licensing regulations. Please direct any questions or matters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read or Download MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-293): Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure PDF
Best client-server systems books
As an outdated announcing is going, "it's now not what you recognize, it truly is who you recognize. you recognize what ASP. internet is and also you know the way to improve web content utilizing it. yet what you do not know is who to visit for suggestions, suggestions and tips to utilizing ASP. internet. this is why Sams has assembled a staff of authors who're ASP. web specialists to carry you ASP.
You have deployed Samba: Now get the main out of it with modern definitive advisor to maximizing Samba functionality, balance, reliability, and gear on your construction atmosphere. Direct from participants of the Samba workforce, The professional Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference consultant, moment version, deals the main systematic and authoritative insurance of Samba's complicated good points and services.
Top practices and leading edge daily options for working the recent model of alternate Server for home windows 2000. This authoritative e-book teaches IT execs accountable for alternate messaging structures how one can successfully deal with the program's many and intricate approach services and contours. as soon as you have designed and carried out a messaging approach, the majority of the daily paintings comprises tracking to make sure an optimal site visitors movement, finished via always reviewing and fine-tuning dozens of procedure requisites and elements.
- Inside Windows Storage: Server Storage Technologies for Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 and Beyond
- System Center Opalis Integration Server 6.3 Unleashed
- MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-297): Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure: (Exam 70-297); Designing ... Active Directory and Network Infrastructure
- System Center Operations Manager OpsMgr 2007 R2 Unleashed: Supplement to System Center Operations Manager 2007 Unleashed
- MCSE Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure Exam Cram 2
- SAP Hardware Solutions: Servers, Storage, and Networks for mySAP.com
Additional info for MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-293): Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
Tip Remember that the transmission speed of the LAN usually has little or no effect on the users’ Internet access performance. 544-Mbps T-1 connection large organizations typically use to connect to the Internet. Gigabit Ethernet is still a relatively new technology, and as a result, it is still quite expensive when compared to Fast Ethernet. You use Gigabit Ethernet primarily for backbone networks and other applications that require its high speed. Although virtually no networks run Gigabit Ethernet to the desktop, it is likely to occur in the future.
The actual network medium in a fiber-optic cable is a strand of plastic or glass that carries signals in the form of light pulses. Because the signals are not electric, they are immune to electromagnetic interference. In an environment where interference levels are high, such as a factory floor, fiber-optic cable can eliminate the performance degradation that the interference causes on copper cable. Even in a normal office environment, you can install fiber-optic cable near fluorescent light fixtures or electric motors without any difficulties.
Lessons in this Chapter: ■ Lesson 1: Windows Server 2003 and the Network Infrastructure . . . . . 1-5 ■ Lesson 2: Selecting Data-Link Layer Protocols . . . . . . . . . . . . 1-12 ■ Lesson 3: Selecting Network/Transport Layer Protocols . . . . . . . . 1-25 ■ Lesson 4: Locating Network Resources . . . . . . . . . . . . . . book Page 4 Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:49 PM 1-4 Chapter 1 Planning a Network Topology Before You Begin Although it contains some introductory information, this chapter assumes at least a perfunctory knowledge of computer networking, such as the basic physical components of a network and how protocols such as Ethernet and Transmission Control Protocol/ Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) contribute to network communications.