By Texas. Parks and Wildlife Dept
Read or Download Know your boat PDF
Similar ships books
Professional send surveyor Don Butler stocks a lifetime's send fix costing adventure during this targeted source for actual price estimation and making plans contains challenging to return by way of details on ordinary send fix exertions expectancies for actual man-hour forecasting and price estimation Produced for marine engineers and marine pros to help with fix specification and negotiation, supporting you to devise paintings and budgets extra reliably makes use of man-hours instead of specific charges or currencies, supplying a long term version for pricing despite place, expense fluctuation or inflation Bringing jointly differently scattered info on particular fix and dry-docking actions, this helpful consultant will prevent time and enhance the accuracy of your send fix estimates.
Опираясь на сотни историй очевидцев и ветеранов конвоев и личных исследований в российских архивах военно-морского флота в Мурманске, автор воссоздаёт историю полярных конвоев
They have been the deadliest ships of worldwide warfare II—nine German trade raiders disguised as peaceable shipment ships, flying the flags of impartial and allied international locations. actually those seriously armed warships roamed the world’s oceans at will, like twentieth-century pirates. They struck unsuspecting freighters and tankers out of the darkness of evening or from at the back of a curtain of fog and mist.
- The Man Who Sank Titanic
- Fighting Ships Far East (2: Japan and Korea Ad 612-1639 (New Vanguard 063)
- The Battleship Dreadnought (Anatomy of the Ship)
- Knots, splices, and rope work : an illustrated handbook
- Shipwreck and adventures of Monsieur Pierre Viaud
- The Destroyer "The Sullivans" (Anatomy of the Ship)
Additional info for Know your boat
Preparations for those already having the infection are available at sick bay. Make use of the knowledge that will save you much pain and sleep. Follow the instructions on the bottle ! ! If you do not, you will be walking on a mass of sores which often break out on the soles of the feet. For an object lesson, go into a sick bay in the Area and see the poor blokes that failed to observe the rules. Some are strung up like cripples and covered from head to foot with violet paint. Others, more fortunate, will be seen limping around.
2. Stow your mask in a dry place away from excessive heat. 3. Keep only gas protective equipment in your carrier. 4. Don't sit or sleep on your mask. 5. Inspect your mask regularly for defects. 6. Remember your mask is issued only for protection against war gases. htm (35 of 47)7/19/2006 16:32:25 KNOW YOUR PT BOAT 7. Don't use it when spraying paint. 8. It will not protect you from smoke or carbon monoxide, or any oxygen-deficient area. 9. Gas can come at any time-any place-from any direction--listen and be warned -Be Ready.
This requires a tool #13-14 or #227 in the hand, a quick wit, and an exact knowledge of what to do: 1. Rotate starting index spindle one turn counterclockwise. This will stop the torpedo immediately. 2. Close the main stop valve. 3. Put on propeller lock. 4. See that torpedo is lashed or otherwise secured to the rack. If the tool is not readily available and a man standing by, the torpedo should be let alone. See that all hands stand clear well forward or aft, but do not jump over the side. The warhead will not go off.