By Guillermo Musumeci
- layout and enforce Citrix farms in response to XenApp 6
- Use Citrix administration instruments to submit purposes and assets on consumer units with this publication and eBook
- installation and optimize XenApp 6 on Citrix XenServer, VMware ESX, and Microsoft Hyper-V digital machines and actual servers
- comprehend new gains incorporated in XenApp 6 and evaluation Citrix farms terminology and concepts
- transparent, easy-to-follow steps and screenshots to hold out each one task
XenApp 6 is the chief in program web hosting and virtualization supply, permitting clients from diversified systems such home windows, Mac, Linux, and cellular units to connect with their company purposes. It reduces assets and prices for program distribution and administration. utilizing Citrix XenApp 6, you could set up safe purposes quick to millions of users.
Getting begun with Citrix XenApp 6 offers finished information on the best way to layout, enforce, and continue Citrix farms in accordance with XenApp 6. you will also discover ways to use administration instruments and scripts for day-by-day initiatives equivalent to handling servers, released assets, printers, and connections.
Getting began with Citrix XenApp 6 begins through introducing the fundamentals of XenApp reminiscent of fitting servers and configuring parts, after which teaches you ways to submit purposes and assets at the buyer machine ahead of relocating directly to configuring content material redirection. writer Guillermo Musumeci contains a use case in the course of the e-book to give an explanation for complex issues like developing administration scripts and deploying and optimizing XenApp for Citrix XenServer, VMware ESX, and Microsoft Hyper-V digital machines. it's going to advisor you thru an unattended deploy of XenApp and elements on actual servers. through the top of this ebook you have got sufficient wisdom to effectively layout and deal with your individual XenApp 6 Farms.
A entire advisor to handling a virtualized software setting utilizing XenApp
What you are going to study from this book
- New positive factors and process specifications of XenApp 6
- The XenApp structure and designing XenApp 6 Farms
- set up XenApp 6 and configure XenApp 6 components
- deal with XenApp parts and Citrix directors utilizing the recent Citrix supply companies Console and different administration tools
- post and deal with functions and assets, together with software streaming
- Create and observe Citrix rules to manage connections, defense, and bandwidth settings utilizing the gang coverage administration Console, Citrix supply providers Console, and native team coverage Editor.
- Optimize multimedia content material on XenApp utilizing Citrix HDX technologies
- deal with consultation environments and connections
- safe, optimize and computer screen XenApp Farms
- install XenApp 6 on Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V, and VMware ESX digital machines
- Unattended install of XenApp 6 on actual servers.
Read or Download Getting Started with Citrix XenApp 6 PDF
Best client-server systems books
As an outdated announcing is going, "it's no longer what you recognize, it truly is who you recognize. you recognize what ASP. web is and also you understand how to increase web content utilizing it. yet what you do not know is who to visit for suggestions, counsel and tips to utilizing ASP. internet. this is why Sams has assembled a group of authors who're ASP. web specialists to carry you ASP.
You've got deployed Samba: Now get the main out of it with contemporary definitive consultant to maximizing Samba functionality, balance, reliability, and gear on your creation atmosphere. Direct from individuals of the Samba group, The reliable Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference advisor, moment version, deals the main systematic and authoritative insurance of Samba's complicated positive factors and features.
Most sensible practices and leading edge daily suggestions for working the hot model of trade Server for home windows 2000. This authoritative publication teaches IT execs chargeable for trade messaging structures the way to successfully deal with the program's many and intricate approach features and lines. as soon as you could have designed and applied a messaging method, the majority of the daily paintings contains tracking to make sure an optimal site visitors move, entire by means of consistently reviewing and fine-tuning dozens of method requirements and parts.
- MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-646): Windows Server Administration
- OpenVMS with Apache, Osu, and Wasd: The Nonstop Webserver (HP Technologies)
- CompTIA Server+ Study Guide: Exam SK0-004
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-667): Configuring Microsoft SharePoint 2010
Extra resources for Getting Started with Citrix XenApp 6
Merchandising Server software is delivered as a virtual appliance for Citrix XenServer or VMware. Infrastructure server Infrastructure servers are farm servers that host services such as license server or web interface. Usually, they do not host published applications. XenApp farms have two types of infrastructure servers: • Virtualization infrastructure consists of the XenApp servers that deliver virtualized applications and VM hosted applications and roles that support sessions and administration, such as the data store, data collector, Citrix XML broker, Citrix License Server, configuration logging database (optional), load testing services database (optional), service monitoring agents, and so on.
Test the list of applications and decide the best method to deliver them. If we are satisfied with the results, the next step will be to create a XenApp pilot farm or extend our XenApp Design Validation Farm and provide some users access to the farm. This will be discussed in more detail in the next chapter. However, a few tasks are described as follows: • Estimate the amount of XenApp application servers: In this step, we need to calculate the number of XenApp application servers required. We can obtain an estimate based on the amount of memory and CPU required per user when they are executing the applications.
The XML Broker obtains this application set from the IMA (Independent Management Architecture) system and returns it to the web interface. • Citrix XML Service: The XML Broker is a component of the Citrix XML Service. By default, the XML Service is installed on every server during XenApp setup. However, only the XML Service on the server specified in the web interface acts as the broker. In a small farm, the XML Broker runs on a server with multiple infrastructure functions. In a large farm, the XML Broker might be configured on one or more dedicated servers.