By Luis M. Camarinha-Matos
This ebook contains the papers chosen for the BASYSÆ04 convention, which used to be held in Vienna, Austria in September 2004 and subsidized through the overseas Federation for info Processing (IFIP).
Emerging suggestions for destiny production platforms is vital interpreting for researchers and engineering scholars in construction engineering, desktop technological know-how, collaborative networks, synthetic intelligence, electric engineering, mechanical engineering, and commercial sociology, in addition to for engineers, business managers and practitioners in production and repair provision structures association and making plans.
Read Online or Download Emerging Solutions for Future Manufacturing Systems PDF
Similar products books
Whereas the cloth within the ebook is reasonable, i believe the authors and writer have been simply attempting to make an immense ebook with loads of pages. A loose Newnes on-line club is marketed at the conceal that's speculated to offer you "four loose downloadable choices from best specialists at the slicing edge", yet there's no info on the way to benefit from this supply and emails to [.
Movement regulate reveals purposes in lots of offshore, subsea and dredging installations. movement regulate is often in response to a mixture of mechanical-, electric- and hydraulic force structures including regulate options. The booklet presents the elemental thought of hydraulic controls, behaviour of hydraulic fluids, hydraulic part features, parameter decisions, calculation of simple hydraulic structures and easy concept of electric drives: asynchronous automobiles with frequency drives.
The renovation approaches for meals have developed over a number of centuries, yet fresh consciousness to non-thermal applied sciences means that a brand new size of switch has been initiated. the recent measurement to be emphasised is the rising applied sciences for renovation of meals and the necessity for sound base of data to be constructed as inputs for systematic technique layout.
- Naval architectur and Shipbuilding
- Philosophy and Design: From Engineering to Architecture
- Fracture and Fatigue Emanating From Stress Concentrators
- Make and test projects in engineering design: creativity, engagement and learning
Extra info for Emerging Solutions for Future Manufacturing Systems
3. THE PERFECT ‘GIN AND TONIC’ This section describes our case study of how holonic mass-customisation will operate in terms of a manufacturing environment to make and deliver a perfect ‘Gin and Tonic’ for each customer in a bar. The physical environment is characterised by: Customers sit on bar stools next to drinking stations on the bar. g. set relative proportions of Gin). At the drinking station‚ there is also a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) reader that can read the identity of a tag embedded in the glass the consumer is drinking from.
We also discuss some of the benefits this balanced approach can offer businesses in terms of pragmatic holonic software engineering within complex environments and a formal representation of holon operations to academia. 1. INTRODUCTION The emergence of consumers needing specialised products and services tailored to their particular requirements has resulted in manufacturing companies having to exert greater control over how their product families are configured‚ presented and delivered. We focus on a particular domain of such personalisation of products‚ namely mass-customisation because it highlights the facilities needed by a manufacturing business to re-organise its shop-floor and supply chain.
6. REFERENCES 1. S. Davis, Future Perfect, anniversary edition, Addison-Wesley, ISBN 020159045X, 1996. 2. M. d’Inverno and M. Luck, Understanding Agent Systems, Springer, 2001. 3. html , 2003. 4. A. Koestler, The Ghost in the Machine, Arkana, 1967. 5. M. Luck and M. d’Inverno, Unifying Agent Systems, Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, 37(1-2), 2003. 6. M. Fletcher and Holons and Agents: Recent Developments and Mutual Impacts, in Multi-Agent Systems and Applications II, Springer, 2002.