By D. John Betteridge
A definitive selection of 35 case reports written through opinion leaders within the box of lipid administration, this publication provides subject matters of present curiosity starting from nutrition to the newest pharmaceutical remedies. every one case is a hugely informative research in accordance with each one contributor's personal own reviews in the self-discipline of lipids. The booklet covers a number of chance components, sufferers with heart affliction, critical dyslipidemia, mixed hyperlipidemia, secondary lipidemia, and healing concerns. It offers a essentially and resource for universal scientific occasions and is a necessary textual content for practitioners within the box and people in comparable professions.
Read Online or Download Case Studies in Lipid Management PDF
Best endocrinology & metabolism books
This well timed, elevated re-creation is the definitive instruction manual for knowledgeable drug metabolism and pharmaceutical scientists and people new to the sphere. Written via the world over well known authors, it presents built-in, entire insurance of primary features of drug metabolism and the sensible functions that support consultant researchers via key demanding situations in glossy drug discovery and improvement.
It is a 3-in-1 reference booklet. It offers an entire clinical dictionary masking 1000's of phrases and expressions in relation to glucose intolerance. It additionally provides vast lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it presents details to clients on tips on how to replace their wisdom utilizing quite a few net assets.
Presents an up to date evaluate of weight problems, its learn and scientific parts. The textual content information subject matters starting from historic views, definitions and size to the aetiology, pathophysiology, prevention and therapy of weight problems. It covers the impression of weight problems on a variety of stipulations, equivalent to diabetes, gout, arthritis, and middle, pulmonary and gallbladder affliction, in addition to being pregnant.
Macromolecular (specifically peptide-based) medications may well possibly be powerful drugs. even though they've got a comparatively brief length of motion and variable healing index. An instance of this sort of peptide is Glucagon-like Peptide I which may in all probability be used as a innovative drug for diabetes.
- The Metabolic Syndrome in Clinical Practice
- Hormones and the Endocrine System: Textbook of Endocrinology
- Studying Cell Metabolism and Cell Interactions Using Microfluidic Devices Coupled with Mass Spectrometry
- Diabetic Bone Disease: Basic and Translational Research and Clinical Applications
- Principles of Endocrine Pharmacology
- Thyroid Cancer: From Emergent Biotechnologies to Clinical Practice Guidelines
Additional resources for Case Studies in Lipid Management
2. Wiegman A, Hutten BA, de Groot E et al. Efficacy and safety of statin therapy in children with familial hypercholesterolemia: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2004; 292: 331–7. 3. Kroon AA, Swinkels DW, van Dongen PW, Stalenhoef AF. Pregnancy in a patient with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia treated with long-term low-density lipoprotein apheresis. Metabolism 1994; 43: 1164–70. qxd 7/24/2006 12:08 PM Page 39 Case 9 A CASE OF SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT OF FAMILIAL HYPERCHOLESTEROLEMIA Anders G Olsson Case study The patient is a 49-year-old man in a family with known hypercholesterolemia (FH).
Her father was also known to have elevated serum cholesterol (10 mmol/l), for which he received drug treatment. This brother’s serum cholesterol was not known, but several other siblings of the father had elevated serum cholesterol. 9 mmol/l. JV did not have siblings. 9 kg/m2), waist circumference 80 cm, blood pressure 120/70 mm Hg, pulse rate 72/min. There were otherwise no abnormalities on physical examination. 98 mmol/l, and the Lp(a) concentration was 806 mg/l (N < 300 mg/dl). 0 mmol/l, thyroid function was normal, and there was no microalbuminuria.
Could this all be hypertension which needed better control and the use of a calcium antagonist as per the British Hypertension Society Guidelines for people of this racial origin? Experience has taught me to pursue the chest pain story in women no matter how atypical it can appear. qxd 7/24/2006 12:07 PM Page 16 CASE STUDIES IN LIPID MANAGEMENT Figure 1 Severe osteal left anterior descending stenosis. In doing so she admitted that the tightness across the chest was on occasion exercise-related, particularly steep hills, and was relieved by rest.