By Charles Edge, Visit Amazon's Chris Barker Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Chris Barker, , William Barker, Ehren Schwiebert
This booklet is meant if you have to get issues performed with Mac OS X Server 10.6. As such, you should use this booklet methods. these new to Mac OS X Server can learn immediately during the whole ebook, and via the top should still believe powerfuble to manage any Mac server thrown their manner. For people with a few wisdom of Mac OS X Server, or even a thorough wisdom of different Unix-based servers, the e-book is prepared by way of initiatives that you should both commence studying at any element, skipping fabric you realize, or choose and select the chapters you’ll locate so much valuable in your personal paintings or process wishes. This task-oriented procedure additionally makes the e-book beneficial as a common reference for all features of Mac OS X Server.
Throughout the booklet, specified emphasis is given to the recent gains of the newest liberate, Mac OS X Server 10.6, a.k.a. Server Snow Leopard. for example, you’ll the best way to combine an iPhone with Mac OS X Server utilizing the hot cellular entry gains, or find out how to set up an SSL certificates within the net provider, Apache.
- Task-oriented method of server management makes it effortless to discover and attain what must get performed
- Thorough topic insurance together with workflows for Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server GUI-level good points, command-line good points, and possible choices
- Features introductory fabric for brand spanking new directors, emphasis on new beneficial properties for upgrading to Snow Leopard Server, and extra complicated fabric for skilled IT and firm directors who are looking to get the main out of Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server
What you’ll learn
- The key beneficial properties of Mac OS X Server, together with new prone reminiscent of cellular entry for iPhone integration and tackle publication Server
- The best method of fit your operating variety, together with GUI and command-line choices
- When to name on third-party items the place no Apple items can be found
- Integration techniques for various community and server configurations
- How to let every one required carrier and all in their providers from begin to end
Who this booklet is for
This booklet is for directors drawn to a whole path on Mac OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard, together with first-time Mac OS X Server admins, admins upgrading from older models, and skilled Unix or Mac admins who are looking to grasp all features of Apple’s server software program.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to OS X Server
- Setting Up a Server in half-hour or much less
- Getting Deeper into dossier Sharing
- Managing listing providers
- Controlling community site visitors
- Centralizing community providers
- Configuring community companies for protection
- Managing purchaser pcs with NetBoot, NetInstall, and NetRestore
- Configuring deal with e-book Server
- Working with iCal Server
- iChat Server
- Setting Up Mail prone
- Setting Up companies for cellular units
- Web Servers
- Managing MySQL utilizing Podcast manufacturer
- Streaming QuickTime Video
- Sharing documents
- Setting Up Printing providers
- Backing Up Your info
- Configuring software program replace Server
Read Online or Download Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration PDF
Similar client-server systems books
As an previous announcing is going, "it's no longer what you recognize, it truly is who you recognize. you recognize what ASP. web is and also you understand how to strengthen web content utilizing it. yet what you do not know is who to visit for options, suggestions and tips to utilizing ASP. web. this is why Sams has assembled a workforce of authors who're ASP. web specialists to carry you ASP.
You may have deployed Samba: Now get the main out of it with modern definitive consultant to maximizing Samba functionality, balance, reliability, and tool on your construction surroundings. Direct from individuals of the Samba crew, The respectable Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference consultant, moment version, deals the main systematic and authoritative assurance of Samba's complex positive factors and functions.
Most sensible practices and cutting edge daily recommendations for operating the recent model of trade Server for home windows 2000. This authoritative e-book teaches IT execs liable for trade messaging structures tips on how to successfully deal with the program's many and intricate process features and lines. as soon as you've got designed and carried out a messaging procedure, the majority of the day by day paintings includes tracking to make sure an optimal site visitors stream, complete through constantly reviewing and fine-tuning dozens of procedure necessities and parts.
- Software Estimation: Demystifying the Black Art
- Common SAP R/3 Functions Manual
- A Networking Approach to Grid Computing
- Reporting with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Additional resources for Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration
Depending on how the server is configured to check usernames and passwords, there may be confusion on where it is actually going to check to see whether the password for Admin is correct, and that can make troubleshooting difficult. So, use a local administrator account (such as “ladmin” or “localadmin”) that you know won’t be used in any unified user and password directory in the future in order to keep conflicts to a minimum. Figure 2–10 shows an example. CHAPTER 2: Setting Up a Server in 30 Minutes or Less Figure 2–10.
CHAPTER 3: Getting Deeper into File Sharing Figure 3–2. Available servers in Server Admin Figure 3–3.
See Figure 2–21 for an example. Figure 2–21. Configuring Kerberos and LDAP names Clicking Continue again will allow you to review your changes before you actually take the plunge to configure the OD master (Figure 2–22). log This will be updated in real time with the verbose status of what is going on. This is useful if for some reason your creation of the OD master goes wrong. Once the process has completed, you will be returned to the Server Admin window and see that the role has changed to Open Directory master (Figure 2–23).