By Scott Hawkins
* The definitive advisor to administering WebLogic Server 7! * Maximizing functionality, reliability, and potency * Covers structure, domain names, clustering, JDBC, JMS, tracking, and masses extra * comprises 90-day trial model of WebLogic Server 7WebLogic Server 7 management whole: Maximizing potency, reliability, and performance.BEA WebLogic Server management package is the definitive advisor to administering BEA WebLogic Server 7! Scott Hawkins begins the place the documentation leaves off, illuminating an important innovations and supplying sensible information for maximizing the functionality, reliability, and potency of any WebLogic Server method. in contrast to earlier books on BEA WebLogic Server, this e-book is a hundred% interested by administration-and it provides crucial suggestions you just will not locate wherever else. insurance comprises: * fitting, beginning, and preventing WebLogic Servers * Defining powerful internet common sense Server architectures * setting up and handling WebLogic Server domain names * handling HTTP companies * developing and dealing with WebLogic Server clusters * Configuring and dealing with JDBC and JMS * In-depth insurance of tracking and function tuning
Read Online or Download BEA WebLogic Server Administration Kit PDF
Best client-server systems books
As an previous asserting is going, "it's now not what you recognize, it is who you recognize. you recognize what ASP. web is and also you know the way to improve web pages utilizing it. yet what you do not know is who to visit for recommendations, information and tips to utilizing ASP. web. for this reason Sams has assembled a staff of authors who're ASP. internet specialists to carry you ASP.
You have got deployed Samba: Now get the main out of it with state-of-the-art definitive consultant to maximizing Samba functionality, balance, reliability, and tool on your creation setting. Direct from individuals of the Samba crew, The professional Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference consultant, moment version, bargains the main systematic and authoritative insurance of Samba's complex gains and services.
Most sensible practices and cutting edge daily suggestions for working the recent model of alternate Server for home windows 2000. This authoritative publication teaches IT execs answerable for trade messaging platforms tips on how to successfully deal with the program's many and complicated method services and contours. as soon as you could have designed and applied a messaging procedure, the majority of the day by day paintings contains tracking to make sure an optimal site visitors circulation, entire via consistently reviewing and fine-tuning dozens of approach requirements and parts.
- Distributed Operating Systems
- Implementing VMware Horizon View 5.2
- Aggressive Network Self-defense
- Dr. Tom Shinder's configuring ISA server 2004
Extra resources for BEA WebLogic Server Administration Kit
To use a directive, include it in your Web server configuration file and restart the Web server. Note also that any log or debugging information will be written to the log file(s) associated with your Web server, not to the WebLogic server logs. 61 62 WebLogicHost This parameter defines the WebLogic server or cluster to which the HTTP server will be proxying requests. 1 WebLogicCluster If directing requests to a cluster, use this directive to specify the members of the cluster. The HTTP server will proxy requests to the servers on this list in round-robin order.
Again we see environment variables set for the Java class path, the home directory for WebLogic server, and the (possibly distinct) BEA home directory. The main difference between the Managed server startup script and the Administration server startup script is in the Java command line that actually starts the server. The command-line options are discussed in more detail below. For the moment, just notice that the Managed server instance is started with a parameter (printed in bold) telling it where to find the Administration server that will be its boss.
The WebLogic server distribution includes a servlet that will enable WebLogic to recognize and service requests for static HTTP. In the absence of a legacy system, this is probably the best choice for administrative purposes. Because the HttpClusterServlet is a native WebLogic application, it can be controlled entirely from within the WebLogic console. The same is not true of the other three options. If, for reasons of legacy application support, you need to get WebLogic to work cooperatively with a third-party HTTP server, the odds are good that you can.