By Anthony P. Weetman
This can be a complete and novel textual content that examines key gains that predispose members to autoimmune ailments. the 1st part info the elemental mechanism of autoimmunity and examines immunogenetic and environmental elements in autoimmunity. the following part examines autoimmune thyroid illness. The 3rd part takes a glance at variety 1 diabetes mellitus. within the ultimate part, authors clarify different autoimmune endocrinopathies.
Read or Download Autoimmune Diseases in Endocrinology (Contemporary Endocrinology) PDF
Best endocrinology & metabolism books
This well timed, multiplied new version is the definitive guide for skilled drug metabolism and pharmaceutical scientists and people new to the sector. Written through the world over popular authors, it offers built-in, entire assurance of basic facets of drug metabolism and the sensible functions that aid consultant researchers via key demanding situations in smooth drug discovery and improvement.
This can be a 3-in-1 reference ebook. It offers an entire clinical dictionary overlaying 1000's of phrases and expressions in terms of glucose intolerance. It additionally supplies large lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers details to clients on tips to replace their wisdom utilizing a variety of web assets.
Presents an updated evaluation of weight problems, its examine and medical parts. The textual content info themes starting from ancient views, definitions and dimension to the aetiology, pathophysiology, prevention and remedy of weight problems. It covers the influence of weight problems on a number of stipulations, similar to diabetes, gout, arthritis, and middle, pulmonary and gallbladder disorder, in addition to being pregnant.
Macromolecular (specifically peptide-based) medicines may possibly in all probability be powerful medicinal drugs. in spite of the fact that they've got a comparatively brief length of motion and variable healing index. An instance of one of these peptide is Glucagon-like Peptide I which can possibly be used as a progressive drug for diabetes.
- Adenylyl Cyclase, G Proteins, and Guanylyl Cyclase
- Thyroid Cancer: From Emergent Biotechnologies to Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Surgical Endocrinopathies: Clinical Management and the Founding Figures
- Proceedings of the 1979 Laurentian Hormone Conference
Additional info for Autoimmune Diseases in Endocrinology (Contemporary Endocrinology)
Among humans, in contrast, it appears that genetic predisposition in total accounts for less than half of the susceptibility to autoimmune disease (10–12). Concurrence rates of 5–50% for T1DM and for autoimmune thyroid disease in genetically identical twins indicates that environmental agents as well as genetic factors are involved in the etiology of autoimmune endocrinopathies. A note of caution is needed. Not all non-inherited differences are due to external factors. During their generation of diversity, the lymphocyte receptors of the immune system undergo extensive, post-germline recombination.
50. Ueda H, Howson JM, Esposito L, et al. Association of the T-cell regulatory gene CTLA4 with susceptibility to autoimmune disease. Nature 2003;423(6939):506–11. 51. Smyth D, Cooper JD, Collins JE, et al. Replication of an association between the lymphoid tyrosine phosphatase locus (LYP/PTPN22) with type 1 diabetes, and evidence for its role as a general autoimmunity locus. Diabetes 2004;53(11):3020–3. Chapter 2 / Genetics and Autoimmunity 31 52. Criswell LA, Pfeiffer KA, Lum RF, et al. Analysis of families in the multiple autoimmune disease genetics consortium (MADGC) collection: the PTPN22 620W allele associates with multiple autoimmune phenotypes.
Association of R602W in a protein tyrosine phosphatase gene with a high risk of rheumatoid arthritis in a British population: evidence for an early onset/disease severity effect. Arthritis Rheum 2005;52(1):358–60. 102. Simkins HM, Merriman ME, Highton J, et al. Association of the PTPN22 locus with rheumatoid arthritis in a New Zealand Caucasian cohort. Arthritis Rheum 2005;52(7):2222–5. 103. van Oene M, Wintle RF, Liu X, et al. Association of the lymphoid tyrosine phosphatase R620W variant with rheumatoid arthritis, but not Crohn’s disease, in Canadian populations.