By David S. Moore (auth.), S. Panchapakesan, N. Balakrishnan (eds.)
Shanti S. Gupta has made pioneering contributions to rating and choice thought; particularly, to subset choice thought. His record of courses and the varied citations his courses have got during the last 40 years will amply testify to this truth. along with score and choice, his pursuits contain order information and reliability idea. the 1st editor's organization with Shanti Gupta is going again to 1965 whilst he got here to Purdue to do his Ph.D. He has the nice fortune of being a scholar, a colleague and a long-standing collaborator of Shanti Gupta. the second one editor's organization with Shanti Gupta all started in 1978 while he all started his examine within the zone of order statistics. in the past 20 years, he has collaborated with Shanti Gupta on a number of courses. We either think that our lives were enriched by means of our organization with him. He has certainly been a pal, thinker and advisor to us.
Read or Download Advances in Statistical Decision Theory and Applications PDF
Best theory books
A historical past so humorous, so precise, so frightening, it's guaranteed to be referred to as a conspiracy.
"Meticulous in its examine, forensic in its reasoning, powerful in its argument, and sometimes hilarious in its debunking, Voodoo Histories is a hugely pleasing rumble with the century's significant conspiracy theorists and their theories" (John Lahr). From Pearl Harbor to Sep 11 to the assassination of JFK to the Birthers, Aaronvitch probes and explores the most important conspiracy theories (and theorists) of our time. In doing so, he examines why humans think those conspiracies and makes an issue for a real skepticism.
Relational buildings abound in our day-by-day setting: relational databases, info mining, scaling strategies, choice family members, and so on. because the documentation of clinical effects completed in the eu expense motion 274, TARSKI, this e-book advances the knowledge of relational constructions and using relational tools in quite a few program fields.
This publication covers the most recent ends up in the sector of chance research. provided themes comprise probabilistic versions in melanoma examine, versions and strategies in sturdiness, epidemiology of melanoma probability, engineering reliability and least expensive danger difficulties. The contributions of this quantity originate from the fifth foreign convention on chance research (ICRA 5).
- Clustering and Information Retrieval
- Stochastic spectral theory for selfadjoint Feller operators : a functional integration approach
- Combinatorial Matrix Theory and Generalized Inverses of Matrices
- Dynamical Economics
Extra resources for Advances in Statistical Decision Theory and Applications
7. Klaus Nagel, On Subset Selection Rules with Certain Optimality Properties, 1970. 8. Wen-Tao Huang, Some Contributions to Sequential Selection and Ranking Procedures, 1972. 9. Thomas J. Santner, A Restricted Subset Selection Approach to Ranking and Selection Problems, 1973. 10. Deng-Yuan Huang, Some Contributions to Fixed Sample and Sequential Multiple Decision (Selection and Ranking) Theory, 1974. 11. Raymond J. Carroll, Some Contributions to the Theory of Parametric and Nonparametric Sequential Ranking and Selection, 1974.
148. Selection and ranking procedures for logistic populations (with S. , 1. A. Salama and P. K. Sen), pp. 377-404, Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Publishers B. V .. Shanti S. Gupta XXXVI 1993 149. Selection and ranking procedures for Tukey's generalized lambda distributions (with J. K. , E. ), pp. 153-175, Columbus, Ohio: American Sciences Press. 150. On combining selection and estimation in the search for the largest binomial parameters (with K. J. Miescke), Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 36, 129-140.
Md. E. Saleh), pp. 33-49, Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Publishers B. V .. 148. Selection and ranking procedures for logistic populations (with S. , 1. A. Salama and P. K. Sen), pp. 377-404, Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Publishers B. V .. Shanti S. Gupta XXXVI 1993 149. Selection and ranking procedures for Tukey's generalized lambda distributions (with J. K. , E. ), pp. 153-175, Columbus, Ohio: American Sciences Press. 150. On combining selection and estimation in the search for the largest binomial parameters (with K.