By Don Butler DTI Combined first class Engineers Certificate of competency for steam ships and motor ships.Chartered Engineer (C. Eng)Fellow of the Institute of Marine Engineers (F.I.Mar.E)Member of Society of Consulting Marine Engineers (M.C.M.S)
Expert send surveyor Don Butler stocks a lifetime's send fix costing adventure during this precise source for actual fee estimation and planning
- Includes difficult to return by means of details on commonplace send fix hard work expectancies for exact man-hour forecasting and price estimation
- Produced for marine engineers and marine pros to assist with fix specification and negotiation, assisting you to devise paintings and budgets extra reliably
- Uses man-hours instead of specific charges or currencies, delivering a long term version for pricing despite place, expense fluctuation or inflation
Bringing jointly another way scattered info on particular fix and dry-docking actions, this important consultant will prevent time and enhance the accuracy of your send fix estimates. do not plan or fee paintings with out it!
Don Butler is a fellow of the Institute of Marine Engineers and a member of Society of Consulting Marine Engineers and send Surveyors, UK.
- Made up of very tough to return by way of info on common send fix hard work expectancies for actual man-hour forecasting and price estimation
- Produced for marine engineers and marine execs to save lots of time, reduction in fix negotiation and support businesses to plot extra reliably
- Man-hour listings help in long term pricing, which means the ebook content material is still legitimate despite foreign money, price fluctuation or inflation
Read or Download A Guide to Ship Repair Estimates in Man-hours, Second Edition PDF
Best ships books
Specialist send surveyor Don Butler stocks a lifetime's send fix costing event during this targeted source for exact fee estimation and making plans contains not easy to return via info on commonplace send fix exertions expectancies for exact man-hour forecasting and price estimation Produced for marine engineers and marine execs to help with fix specification and negotiation, assisting you to plot paintings and budgets extra reliably makes use of man-hours in place of specific premiums or currencies, offering a long term version for pricing despite position, expense fluctuation or inflation Bringing jointly differently scattered information on particular fix and dry-docking actions, this precious consultant will prevent time and increase the accuracy of your send fix estimates.
Опираясь на сотни историй очевидцев и ветеранов конвоев и личных исследований в российских архивах военно-морского флота в Мурманске, автор воссоздаёт историю полярных конвоев
They have been the deadliest ships of worldwide warfare II—nine German trade raiders disguised as peaceable shipment ships, flying the flags of impartial and allied countries. in truth those seriously armed warships roamed the world’s oceans at will, like twentieth-century pirates. They struck unsuspecting freighters and tankers out of the darkness of evening or from at the back of a curtain of fog and mist.
- How to Build a Wooden Boat
- The Colonial Merchantman Susan Constant 1605 (Anatomy of the Ship)
- Ship resistance and propulsion : practical estimation of ship propulsive power
- Boat Strength for Designers, Builders and Owners
- Practical Seamanship - Essential Skills for the Modern Sailor
Extra info for A Guide to Ship Repair Estimates in Man-hours, Second Edition
Mm) 200 250 300 350 Straight run of fender 20 22 24 26 Curved fender at corners 30 32 34 36 Note: The above figures are for split steel pipe only. For other shapes, steel fabrication tariffs will be applicable, based upon steel weights. 15 Anchor cables (per side) Ranging out for examination and later restowing. Cleaning by high-pressure jet wash or grit sweeping. Calibration of every 20th link and recording. Marking shots with white paint. Painting cables with owner’s supplied bitumastic paint.
L A ny cleaning works. l H eating coils. These are subject to special consideration. l A ny necessary staging or access works. Continued A Guide to Ship Repair Estimates in Man-hours. 00004-4 Copyright © 2012 Don Butler. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved. 1 Pipe work renewals in schedule 40 and schedule 80 seamless steel—cont’d Man-hours per meter Pipe dia. 5 8 10 13 16 21 26 31 37 42 47 53 58 64 Notes: A minimum charge to be applied for length of pipe of 3 meters. Per bend add 30% of the value of the straight pipe.
L F airing of adjacent plates except as minor in the immediate vicinity as noted above. Man-hours are per tonne of finished dimensions. The rates shown are for large quantities of steel renewals. The lower limit will be given by the shipyard and is dependent upon the size of the repair yard and the vessel. Assume the limit to be approximately 5 metric tonnes. Shipowner superintendents should be aware of the methods used by the shipyards of calculating steel weights, and this is illustrated below.